Would you like to open your heart and home to a NorthPaws player?
Expectations of a Host Family
- Be able to host players from late May through the middle of August. Players are on the road approximately 50% of the season.
- Supply each player with their own bed and linens (bedding & towels).
- Access to a bathroom, including late access after a game.
- Laundry facilities so players can do their own laundry.
- Clean, non-smoking, safe environment.
- Meals/food for players when they are in town. Normally 2 meals per day; however, there will be many days where players are not home for 2 meals.
- Assist with transportation to and from the ballpark (if possible)
Expectations of a Player
- Respect household rules. Players are expected to be friendly, courteous and helpful.
- Be a positive role model and community member.
- Clean up after themselves.
- Do their own laundry.
Benefits of Being a Host Family
- Honoured at the field before the start of the final home game.
- Grocery stipend
- Lifelong friendship with a high-calibre collegiate baseball player and possible major leaguer!